[Fedora-packaging] Update to php-eaccelerator and how to make it "just work"

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jun 24 10:01:21 UTC 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007, Matthias Saou wrote:

> The next issue is that the cache files created by the module are stored
> in /var/cache/php-eaccelerator/ and the ownership of that directory is
> hardcoded to apache:apache in the package. This is a problem when using
> php with another web server, lighttpd for instance (which I do a lot).
> It's even worse when using multiple web servers on the same machine...

Are the cache files written by (multiple instances of) php-eaccelerator clash
free?  Ie. always the same for file /path/to/foo.php (I don't know if the
caching works at that level, but to illustrate the point), no matter which
web server it's being run with, or use a different filename/path for
differing cached versions of something?