[Fedora-packaging] Re: /srv

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jun 27 19:01:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:41:36PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > /srv was really left alone for several Fedora Core releases (only
> > bittorrent would install there), we should return to that setup (and
> > also move bittorrent away).
>
> Moving is tricky for many packages as there can be *lots* of content installed
> in the currently used dirs.  It may and will in many cases require
> reorganizing partitions and/or disks.

True, I don't know how bittorrent's upgrading currently works, but
with moving I ment new package installs. As long as there is only
bittorrent and maybe a couple more packages polluting /srv we can have
package-local workarounds phasing the direct usage under /srv out.

For bittorrent this means that on new installs it picks the non-srv
location and on upgrades it copies over the bittorent data
location from the previous setup (probably needs to happen in %pre
before the config files are overwritten). Or maybe bittorrent needs
another approach, just giving the idea.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net