[Fedora-packaging] Two different locale names in one package?

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Sun Mar 4 16:13:19 UTC 2007

Hi.

A few days ago I've taken over the package kerry due to AWOL of the
former maintainer. Today I've tried to package the new version of
kerry. But I've encountered a problem: The new package contains two
different named locale files: kerry.mo and kcmbeagle.mo. In one package
I could only use one %find_lang.
One solution could be to split up the package. That's what I have done
for now (kerry and kerry-kcontrol). But the normal package would miss
some features when not installing the sub-package. But I don't think a
require for kerry-kcontrol in kerry itself would be a good idea.

What would be the best solution in this situation? Really splitting up
the package? And if so, also putting a require for kerry-kcontrol in
kerry? Or is there an option for %find_lang I don't know?

I've uploaded the srpm and the spec so that you could have a look:
http://www.deadbabylon.de/fedora/extras/kerry/

Sebastian