[Fedora-packaging] Re: cmake rpm macro(s):

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 13 20:37:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 03:18:30PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 01:05:48PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >>Appended is a first try at rpm macro'izing the the call to cmake per:
> >>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/cmake
> >>
> >>I chose not to implement the out-of-tree style of build in the
> >>PackagingDraft to keep things simple(r).
> >>
> >>Made each cmake option a separate macro to make in easier to override.
> >>
> >>Comments?
> >
> >do you need the _cmake_* macros for other things? If not, I would
> >simply write the values into the %cmake macros.
>
> > %_cmake_install_prefix -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=%{_prefix}
> > %_cmake_build_shared_libs -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
> > %_cmake_lib_suffix64 -DLIB_SUFFIX=64
>
> Using _cmake_* macros allows for users to easily override/change
> individual items, if needed.

What would one override? They are already generic enough. If they
really need changing then cmake will have changed so much that the
%cmake macro would also not be valid anymore.

E.g. it would be like building %configure on blocks like

%_configure_bindir --bindir=%{_bindir}
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net