[Fedora-packaging] Packaging of ruby gems

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 01:47:28 UTC 2007

At long last, I wrote up a guideline [1] for packaging ruby gems, ruby's
own packaging format; since almost any ruby library is packaged as a
gem, and some of them provide no other way of installation, it becomes
increasingly important to enable packaging of gems for Fedora.

At the same time, it is fairly easy to automate most of this process[2],
which hopefully means that lots of people will submit packages of ruby
gems.

You can find some examples of ruby gems packaged as rpm's on my people
page [3] - look for specfiles called 'rubygem-*'

David

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/RubyGems
[2] http://people.redhat.com/dlutter/gem2spec.html
[3] http://people.redhat.com/dlutter/yum/spec/