[Fedora-packaging] Re: buildroot race condition

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 13 20:58:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:35:16PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> On Mo März 12 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:05:58PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>
> > > Erm, ok. In the buildsystem, this should never happen (hooray mock), but
> > > when building on a multi-user system, I can see the remote possibility.
> >
> > Hey, our new preferred buildroot makes it even harder to guess the
> > Buildroot name, hooray2 ;)
>
> Does "grep RPM_BUILD_ROOT= /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.*" not work with the preferred
> buildroot?

The race between two rm/mkdir are about 50%. If you add a grep into
one of them the balance will be strongly shifted in our favour, just
try it.

The true solution is the mkdir w/o -p method, but it didn't pass the
vote. :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net