[Fedora-packaging] Re: cmake rpm macro(s):

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Mar 18 10:04:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 01:58:15AM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm <at> ATrpms.net> writes:
> > You would set a different %{_prefix} then. I wasn't arguing about the
> > use of %{_prefix}, that's more than fine.
>
> Won't setting %{_prefix} make the package relocatable?

At build time? No, it won't, and for truly being relocatable the
package needs to support this at runtime, e.g. the build should not
hardwire /usr and friends anywhere. Being relocatabale needs a lot of
work at the source level.

> I want to have cmake install into another prefix, but not make the
> RPM relocatable, because the prefix is hardcoded in at least
> kde4-config.

Same as for any other package:

rpmbuild --define '%_prefix /opt/my/stuff'

Or define _prefix somewhere more global as you will probably want to
put more packages under your /opt hierarchy.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net