[Fedora-packaging] Post-release tags

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 21 15:04:42 UTC 2007

Le Mer 21 mars 2007 15:29, Tom \"spot\" Callaway a écrit :

> I prefer option 1, as I suspect that users might care when something is
> in beta/pre-release,

IMHO option 2 is better

> but don't care at all about post-release levels as
> long as it works. Either way works. The latter mechanism is a logical
> extension of CVS/SVN release naming,

And is good for the same reason pre-release is (stop users complaining
because they don't understand the actual version used)

> but it introduces icky underscores
> and makes the n-v-r longer (for what benefit)?

There's no reason not to sanitize alphatags, using small caps and
replacing underscores with something else (nothing, dot, whatever).
Alphatags are informative

--
Nicolas Mailhot