[Fedora-packaging] Re: Second user/group handling draft

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 11 13:56:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 02:32:57PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 11.05.2007 14:16, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> > Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> writes:
> > Using wrappers like 'fedora-usermgmt' will make life of admins easier
> > because they have to configure their system only once instead of updating
> > their 'setup' package regularly.

Well, 'fedora-usermgmt' is a masterpiece of marketing: Promising the
best of static and dynamic uid/gid and delivering the worst ;)

> Maybe. But it seems it made lots of people really unhappy, so something
> is wrong somewhere.

The I wonder why you voted for keeping it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net