[Fedora-packaging] Re: Cross-compiling guidelines

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue May 1 12:40:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 07:30 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
> > There are at least 2 review requests for cross compilers which have been
> > stuck in FE-GUIDELINES for over a year (to the point where the submitter
> > closed the reports) supposedly waiting for specific guidelines for
> > cross-compiling, so I wonder what happened to those guidelines.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/CrossCompilers

That draft needs some work. Ralf added notes to each item that
essentially says "don't need it. don't want it."

I'd tend to agree with him on everything but the package naming (I think
having the "cross-" prefix fits in with our existing naming policies),
but I'm not married to it. If the people packaging cross toolchains are
vehemently against that naming, it would be good to know.

~spot