[Fedora-packaging] Requires: initscripts?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 8 15:59:35 UTC 2007

TC> kernel requires initscripts. You'd be hard-pressed to find a
TC> proper Fedora install that didn't have initscripts.

Packages don't have requirements on "filesystem" either.

The initscripts thing might get interesting once we start moving away
from old-school init.  And right now there are people running
"Fedora-like" distros that don't have initscripts, but I'm not sure
there's much point in going out of your way to cater to them.

Besides, if things change so that it's required, it will be trivial to
add.

 - J<