[Fedora-packaging] Packaging guidelines for Emacsen add-on packages

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:29:27 UTC 2007

On 22/05/07, Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com> wrote:
> I still think the emacs-common prefix is confusing with the emacs-common
> package but I should have made that comment a year ago I guess. ;-)
> There are alternative prefix's (elisp or emacsen) that could be (have
> been) used but perhaps it is too late now?  IMHO it would be better to
> avoid hyphened prefixes in package naming afap possible in the future.

Jens, you're of course right. The fact that emacs-common is a
subpackage of emacs didn't come up during the discussions a year ago.
I did try for "emacsen" but people didn't like that so much, am not
sure why.

Anyway, I'm happy to revisit the package naming guidelines for
(X)Emacs add-ons, Jens seems inclined to do so. Does anyone else have
strong feelings either way?

Jonathan