[Fedora-packaging] Re: paragraph on shipping static numerical libs

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu May 31 09:57:18 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 10:33:17AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> Sounds like an argument for packaging a later, parallel installable
> gcc for EPEL to me.

It is more or less done (although I am not sure that the version isn't
lagging in which case it may not be so usefull) but then you also need
to have the libraries compiled for both compilers, it becomes
unmanageable and I don't think people at redhat would accept doing that.
I can repackage it in private repos (I already do that sort of things)
but all in all it is much more complicated.

(As a side note I have submitted a review for the cernlib compiled with
g77 now that the main cern lib is compiled with gfortran, but I dont'
think I will maintain a gfortran compiled cernlib on centos4).

--
Pat