[Fedora-packaging] Unfinished business from last week's meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Nov 6 08:40:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 08:42:47PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> We had an incomplete vote at the last meeting:
>
>  * Specifying the root directory for LTSP as /var/lib/ltsp
>   * Not yet accepted (4 - 0)

I am not sure that this needs a ratification, nor a formal vote. I asked
more to have advices, searching for a consensus, not a guideline. This
satisfies me.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ServerProvides draft
> should be pushed via the feature process, and FESCo had no issues with
> this.  However, my understanding is that Patrice does not want to do
> that.  If that's the case, we seem to be at an impasse.  How do we

I am ready to do that. I outlined my plan of action after feedbacks from
people here on the bottom of the proposal, I will go through the features
stuff now, since it seems to be needed.

As a side note, and in my opinion, there is only one item that makes
that change a feature, it is that it should appear in the release notes:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy#head-8b6a4d5204f2c24eea83756839550f625ed69b6b

--
Pat