[Fedora-packaging] rpmlint: W: strange-permission foo.init 0755

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 15:16:52 UTC 2007

Hello,
  many packages contain executable scripts (shell, perl, etc.)
In most cases, these scripts have +x set in the fedora CVS.
(After a quick inspection, I see that all *.init scripts in the
fedora packages which I happen to have checked out have +x set.)

Please note as long as we use CVS for Fedora and the cvs://... URLs
in koji, we are not able to change flags of an existing file without
a rename or a server side hack.  (A limitation of CVS.)

I reported the problem upstream, but I was told that this feature is
configurable.

Could you please change the configuration for Fedora rpmlint?

Thanks,
	Stepan Kasal