[Fedora-packaging] sponsorship needed for reviewes / fedorabugs membership

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Sep 5 10:09:52 UTC 2007

On Mo September 3 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> 1) Do I need to be sponsored to review packages?
>    You need to be sponsored into cvsextras to complete a review and
> change the flags on a package from needs review to accepted.
> Enforcement of this policy is done through membership in fedorabugs.
> You do not need to be sponsored to give a preliminary review as part of
> showing that you have learned the packaging guidelines.

So one needs to maintain at least one package to approve a package in a
review, because one only gets cvsextras membership after submitting a package
that was approved by a sponsor? Btw. I am asking these question because there
is one volunteer who wants to help with reviewing packages but not
maintaining one and the wiki does not really answer the question, whether
this is possible and how he gets the permission to do this.

Regards,
Till