[Fedora-packaging] Packaging/NamingGuidelines python modules naming

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Sep 7 20:00:40 UTC 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, Till Maas wrote:
> On Do September 6 2007, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > I would personally call it python-fuse anyway for consistency, and
> > perhaps add "Provides: fuse-python = VR", but maybe that's just me.
>
> Is doing it the other way round not good enough?
>
> Name: fuse-python
> Provides: python-fuse = VR

Good enough for whom?  Both of those definitely satisfy the current naming
guidelines, but personally in cases like this I always go for "if it's bar
for foo, or bar used from foo or the like, its Name: is foo-bar", ie this one
would become python-fuse (assuming I guess correctly what the package
contains).