[Fedora-packaging] sponsorship needed for reviewes / fedorabugs membership

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 14:15:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:09:52 +0200
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> So one needs to maintain at least one package to approve a package in
> a review, because one only gets cvsextras membership after submitting
> a package that was approved by a sponsor? Btw. I am asking these
> question because there is one volunteer who wants to help with
> reviewing packages but not maintaining one and the wiki does not
> really answer the question, whether this is possible and how he gets
> the permission to do this.

Technically the person would have to be sponsored.  Right now the only
documented way to get sponsored is to bring a new package to the
party.  However the tool will allow somebody to apply for cvsextras and
somebody else to approve them, without a new package being involved.
We just don't have any written guidelines on allowing this to happen.

--
Jesse Keating