[Fedora-packaging] Review Guidelines simplifications

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 16:48:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:31:38 +0200
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> into:
>
> - MUST: The package must be build on the Fedora Buildsystem for
> rawhide with {{{koji build --scratch dist-f8 package-*.src.rpm}}} and
> the build must succeed for at least one supported architecture.
>
> The "dist-f8" parameter has to be changed in the Guidelines each time
> a newer is created or someone needs to create a rawhide alias tag, if
> this is possible.
>
> The advantages of this approach is that the SHOULD items will be
> tested without extra work for the reviewer. Also there is no way
> acceptable way to verify that all needed BuildRequires are listed in
> the spec. Therefore a successfull build on the Fedora Buildsystem
> should be enough.

How should this be handled when one new package depends on another new
package, both going through review at the same time?  Do you
effectively block the second review until the first is completely done
and built into rawhide so that koji can make use of it in a buildroot?
Would that introduce unreasonable delays in getting package sets in?

--
Jesse Keating