[Fedora-packaging] Re: fonts packages requiring fontconfig

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Sep 21 11:52:24 UTC 2007

Le Ven 21 septembre 2007 11:54, Jens Petersen a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
>> Fontconfig creates its cache on install. There is no need for
>> Requires(post): fontconfig
>
> Ok, that is good then.
>
> One other small thing: except a few fonts, it seems only fontconfig
> currently owns /usr/share/fonts.  Should it be owned by filesystem
> instead?

I didn't check but if its not owned by filesystem it should be

>> Since there were some interested replies to my font SIG proposal but
>> no deluge of would-be SIG contributors I'll probably document in my
>> wiki space with no particular urgency
>
> Ok, I see.  If you like I would be happy to put the documentation of
> fonts for different languages, etc under I18N/Fonts in the wiki. :)

Well it seems this message has the intended effect of getting a few
more people react, to I guess we may still get a font SIG :) At least
I'll look this week-end what is required to formally create one, and
start working on the wiki pages

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot