[Fedora-packaging] Let's discuss... Javascript!

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:36:00 UTC 2008

This has been kicking around in my head for a while but I haven't been
able to come to a conclusion on my own.

As we start to ship more web apps and more web frameworks we are
shipping more javascript files.  Some of these files are not app
specific but libraries of code that have their own upstream releases.
This raises questions about whether we should be packaging these
libraries separate from the applications.

I've written up some thoughts about the pros and cons of this here:
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Javascript

If discussion here leads me to the conclusion that we do want to treat
javascript libraries like other libraries in the system, I'll formalize
that into something appropriate for the Guidelines.

-Toshio