[Fedora-packaging] Static Library Policy Draft Changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 11:37:07 UTC 2008

> I'd rather just require them to be in -static instead of -static-noshared
> - they can still be tracked that way.

The problem (as described to me) is that if you put them in -static, and
you BR -static, you then potentially link against /all/ the static
libraries, even those that have shared alternatives.  The motivation was
to isolate the static libraries which have no shared alternative from
those that do.

We can still "track" things which BR -static-noshared just as easily as
we can track those that BR -static.

--
Jesse Keating