[Fedora-packaging] Lua

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Apr 17 08:41:06 UTC 2008

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

>>> I don't see a reason for a hold here. I would love to see Hans (or
>>> someone qualified) whip up some guidelines.
>>>

>> I also don't see a reason for a hold. As for me being the lua
>> maintainer, thats only because it got orphaned and its used in a few
>> games I maintain. My lua knowledge is limited. So lets first see how
>> these new packages go, and if there is a need for lua specific
>> guidelines at all.
>
> Only noticed this now, duh...
>
> I briefly maintained Lua in fedora.us and would be happy to help with it
> if you want. Both rpm and apt-rpm have and use an embedded Lua
> interpreter to varying degrees so I've both interest and some experience
> in it.

I've just "given away" a whole bunch of packages to other to lighten my load a
bit including lua, lua is now in the capable hands of Tim Niemueller (timn),
I'm sure he will welcome co-maintainers, so if you want to comaintain lua you
should ask him.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

I don't see rpm requiring lua in any way, perhaps it would be better for rpm to
be build against the system version of lua instead of using its own private copy?