[Fedora-packaging] problem with mock, builds only static library

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Sat Aug 16 22:30:11 UTC 2008

I'm looking at packaging TinySVM for fedora and I have a src.rpm
that builds fine with rpmbuild:

http://bugbear.postle.net/~bruno/apt/fedora/linux/9/x86_64/SRPMS.panorama/TinySVM-0.09-1.fc9.src.rpm

..except that when I build in mock, all I get is a static library
and no dynamic libraries.  The error message is:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lm.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

This doesn't make sense, the root seems to have everything needed.
What am I missing?

--
Bruno