[Fedora-packaging] Re: [Fedora-haskell-list] Revised Haskell Guidelines 2008.08.13

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 08:43:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 02:28:41PM +1000, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Do any other packages (languages) in Fedora provide rpm macros?  One of
> the things I always liked about fedora is that our spec files are
> self-contained unlike some other distros.  Are we moving anyway from
> that?

The base ocaml package contains a couple of scripts which are then
used by all the OCaml packages.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/OCaml#Requires_and_provides

The aim is to get these two scripts into upstream RPM eventually,
where "eventually" is defined as when we get an upstream OCaml bug
that affects these scripts fixed.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 64 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)