[Fedora-packaging] A few links broken in the ReviewGuidelines

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Aug 3 13:12:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 13:42 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed a few links on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
> are broken due to the wiki migration. Look out for strings like
> "[wiki:Self:Packaging/" to find them.
>
> I might have fixed those myself, but if you guys protect that area with
> ACLs then you need to fix things like this yourself.

Thanks for the heads-up, they should all be fixed now.

As an aside, someone recently complained to me that they were unable to
"fix a bug" in the guidelines. When I inquired further, I discovered
that the bug they wanted to fix was not a bug at all, but rather, a
change that would have caused a lot of broken packages if it was
adopted.

This is exactly why we have ACLs on the guidelines. Unfortunately, it
also means that people with good intentions who really do find easy-fix
bugs like these broken links can't just fix it themselves, but IMHO, it
is a small price to pay.

~spot