[Fedora-packaging] OCaml library packaging - no-arch for non-devel?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 17:55:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 01:33:30PM -0400, Alan Dunn wrote:
> Does anyone know whether OCaml library main packages (non-devel
> packages) should be packaged as no-arch, since they only contain
> bytecode files, which should be architecture independent?

For the main package in _libraries_ (not programs, obviously) you're
right.  The only reason we don't do this is that RPM doesn't make it
possible to do :-(

If you can suggest a way to write a spec file so that the main package
is noarch and subpackages are arch-dependent, please let us know.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v