[Fedora-packaging] Re: Macro expansion problem

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Aug 26 09:31:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:09:46AM -0400, Michel Salim wrote:
> At the risk of asking the obvious, why does this fail:

You didn't write *how* it fails.

> %define nunitver %(gacutil -l nunit.core | tail -n 2 | grep nunit.core
> | cut -d "=" -f 2 | cut -
> d "," -f 1)
>
> Requires: mono(nunit.core) = %{nunitver}
>
> but this succeeds:
>
> %define nunitver 2.2.10.0
> Requires: mono(nunit.core) = %{nunitver}
>
> context: this is for monodevelop, that comes from upstream with
> bundled nunit DLLs. I've patched it to use the system-provided nunit
> DLLs, but find-mono.req.sh does not pick up the correct dependencies,
> thus the manual patch.
>
> Thanks,

Try

echo "%{nunitver}"; exit

in %prep and play with different settings of nunitver to debug
this. As Tom wrote, you need to have BuildRequired anything that is
executed and the src.rpm build will be issuing warning (which you can
ignore) if the BRs happen to not be installed.

BTW this is not really a fedora-packaging question, but rather
fedora-devel I think (it is not guideline related).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net