[Fedora-packaging] Re: [Fedora-haskell-list] Revised Haskell Guidelines 2008.08.13

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 02:18:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 21:00 -0400, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> Long ago, i got tired of submitting drafts for comments to have to
> wait.  I took spot's advice and just submitted them for review and
> comment simultaneously.

We can always change and improve guidelines. It doesn't have to be
perfect to pass, the FPC will make suggestions and improvements (see the
Font drafts that we revised) on most drafts, and only completely reject
items that we disagree with entirely.

In scenarios like "programming language $FOO", the FPC is not going to
be the experts, we're going to generally trust the people who are. What
we're looking for is that the guideline draft is:

A) As simple as possible
B) As consistent with the rest of Fedora as possible
C) As well documented as possible
D) Accompanied with thorough example specs
E) Something that enables any Fedora contributor to do a review without
being an expert in that language

~spot