[Fedora-packaging] How to handle unversioned upstream tarballs?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Aug 29 02:20:39 UTC 2008

PP> Yeah, about that... they don't seem to be using CVS upstream...
PP> If they're using SVN, then they don't publish a public interface.

I was talking about our CVS.  You can do "make new-sources" with a new
tarball that has the same name and the system won't be confused
(because it differentiates by checksum).

The bottom line is that if upstream doesn't version their tarballs, you
can simply upload them to the buildsys and nothing will break.  So its
really your choice as to whether you want to do some sort of local
renaming or not.  Personally I wouldn't, since it really doesn't do
much good.

 - J<