[Fedora-packaging] Simple cvs extras suggestion

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 02:24:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> On Tue August 12 2008, Robin Norwood wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> With the goal of opening up ACLs on 'most' packages, I'd like to
>> suggest that the New Package CVS Request template on this page:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure
>>
>> Change the last line from:
>>
>> Cvsextras Commits:

>> Cvsextras Commits: yes
>
> Afaik the group is now called packager, therefore it probably be
>
> | Packager Commits: yes

But packager commits: no is rather useless, surely, since that will
override the access of people who are registered to co-maintain the
package in pkgdb?

Perhaps, as Toshio said, the package maintainer could just go to pkgdb
to change the value if needed. It could even be useful at times -- say
you are heavily reworking a package, and don't want comaintainers to
butt in for a while.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/