[Fedora-packaging] Ownership of /usr/share/gnome/help

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Dec 15 18:08:11 UTC 2008

TK> yelp owns it.  There's a question of whether packages which have
TK> gnome help should Require yelp or not.

What about a package that _only_ provides gnome help?  The
system-config-* packages have split out their documentation and I'm
reviewing the new packages, but am stuck on this issue.

TK> If yelp is not Required, then filesystem should own
TK> /usr/share/gnome/help.  If yelp is required, the filesystem
TK> ownership will do no harm.

This would imply that any package other than yelp or filesystem which
owns /usr/share/gnome/help has a bug, I guess.  More to file.

 - J<