[Fedora-packaging] Ownership of /usr/share/gnome/help

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 15 22:09:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 01:34:55PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Maybe there isn't a general case conclusion to draw but it sounds like
> treating help as an optional feature is what was decided for at least
> the desktop-team's subset of packages.  We didn't generate any

Indeed, and I remember there were some bugs filled. But the thread
shows that there was no consensus, and, for example, I kept yelp as
a gnochm dependency, considering that having a help window that comes
when clicking on help wasn't optional, and that the bloat wasn't too
important given that it already was a gnome app.

That being said, I orphaned gnochm, so everybody is free to remove
yelp :)

# repoquery --whatrequires yelp
gtranslator-0:1.1.7-9.fc10.i386
gnomesword-0:2.4.1-1.fc10.i386