[Fedora-packaging] MinGW subpackages of OCaml packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 10:52:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 07:45:45AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 17:53 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:12:25PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > So as I mentioned before we have an OCaml Windows cross-compiler as
> > > part of the Fedora MinGW project:
> >
> > Everyone's happy with me to go ahead with this?
> I am not, but I am sure if I understand you correctly.
>
> Is your plan to build mingw packages as part of building Fedora packages
> within the Fedora build system? If yes, I am opposed to doing this.

I'm a bit confused by this.  You are aware that we are planning to
build lots of mingw packages in Fedora (using the build system) to
enable cross-compilation?  This has been discussed to death already,
and approved, so it shouldn't be news to anyone.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Windows_cross_compiler
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/MinGW
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?version=&component=&target_milestone=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=mingw&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=

> Is your plan to add support to your ocaml package to enable you to reuse
> your ocaml Fedora rpm.specs to build mingw package outside of Fedora?
> I'd consider this to be "your private pleasures" and to be "outside of
> Fedora's business".

No, I would like to build the cross-compiler from the ocaml.spec,
instead of doing a separate review request for a new mingw32-ocaml
package.  (Plus the libraries too as mentioned in the original email).

Rich.