[Fedora-packaging] Ownership of /usr/share/gnome/help

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:34:55 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:01:09PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Oops... I found the mailing list thread and there was a conclusion.
>> Packages should not require yelp.  Instead, packages that fail silently
>
> That was not my conclusion. My conclusion was that it was up to the
> packager.

Well...
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-June/msg01522.html

Maybe there isn't a general case conclusion to draw but it sounds like
treating help as an optional feature is what was decided for at least
the desktop-team's subset of packages.  We didn't generate any
Guidelines out of that discussion so the package probably isn't going to
raise any flags at review time.

> This doesn't change that your conclusion holds:
>
>> So it seems like filesystem owning /usr/share/gnome/help would be the
>> best so that we don't need to have every package own /usr/share/gnome/help.

<nod>

-Toshio