[Fedora-packaging] Font package splitting clarification

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 22 11:17:58 UTC 2008

[Drat. I *knew* I had forgotten to spam one list]

Hi all,

Since the discussion on font package splitting rules seems to be
exhausted, and since no one stepped up with an obviously better proposal
than mine, I've queued the following FPC-side:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Font_package_splitting_rules_(2008-12-21)

I've tried to integrate all the exceptions that were brought up during
the discussion and that were consensual, and to separate the rules from
their rationale (so packagers in a hurry only need to read the first
part). I've ended up with four simple master rules that should not be
open to interpretation.

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot