[Fedora-packaging] Re: Usage of {_libdir} or {_lib} in noarch packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 22 12:09:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:49:05PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:

> Here is another exception you might consider:
>
> $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/find-requires
> redhat-rpm-config-9.0.3-3.fc10.noarch

This is not the same here. Here it is a mixed arch/noarch
package. The redhat-rpm-config happens to be strictly noarch, but it
isn't the case for rpm-build, for example rpmdeps is an ELF file.

That being said, this is unclear to me whether using /usr/lib is
right or wrong for rpm. Maybe the scripts should be in _libexec,
and the macros in _datadir.

--
Pat