[Fedora-packaging] Re: recent TeX Live packaging changes

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 19:25:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 03:18:40PM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Support for Japanese and East Asian languages is now moved to
> > texlive-japanese, including bg5conv, sjisconv, etc. utilities which
> > were formerly in texlive-latex.
>
> Shouldn't this be better called texlive-east-asian or some such?

Makes sense. It is named texlive-japanese mostly for historical
reasons, because only developers from Japan were actually interested
in support for Japanese in Fedora TeXLive, particularly Matsuura
Takanori who is behind the Fedora Japanese support. I haven't heard
about anyone else using east Asian support unfortunatelly.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/