[Fedora-packaging] UTF-8 package names

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 04:47:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:52 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>  On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 23:09 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>  > >
>  > > /me renames yum to ᶨᶬⱴ
>  > Is this Farsi, Arab or Hebrew?
>
>  It is 3 random chars pulled off of the gnome-character-map :)

The area that I am going to look forward to is when a package has what
looks like an ascii character but turns out to be a different UTF
version of that letter. The example I remember from class was where
the word nonny-nonny had 6 different 'types' of n. Looking at it where
they all showed up as \uBLAH was easy but in a completely UTF
compliant screen you couldnt just type it. Not that Fedora has to deal
with support tickets..