[Fedora-packaging] Re: UTF-8 package names

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:33:22 UTC 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 05:33:33PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> For a possible valid use, think of this potential pair of tools for
>> students learning Japanese:
>> /usr/bin/ひらがな2rōmaji
>> /usr/bin/rōmaji2ひらがな
>
> If I were going to learn Japanese tomorrow and were looking for such a
> tool I wouldn't be actually able to even comprehend that these tools
> can help me.

Sure.  But that can happen regardless of the language.  If I were trying
to avoid getting computer viruses how would I know that replacing
Windows with a *nix variant is an option?  How do I know that I can
browse the web with "Firefox"?  You need to know something about the
problem space before you can search for a tool to help you.

-Toshio