[Fedora-packaging] handing files under $HOME directory on scriptlet

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Feb 27 17:17:44 UTC 2008

MT> rm -f /home/*/.local/share/applications/%{name}.desktop

Absolutely, positively broken.  Aside for all of the obvious stuff,
consider that it doesn't even do what you expect on a bunch of systems:

> ls /home
tibbs/

> df ~dave
nas07:/export/h-dave/dave
                      41284928  27274880  13970048  67% /home/dave

> ls /home
dave/  tibbs/

> df /home
-                            0         0         0   -  /home

Hooray for autofs.  (Yeah, I could make the mountpoint browseable, but
there's really no need to do so and I don't really like mount storms.)
/home is mine; packages cannot ever safely touch anything there.

 - J<