[Fedora-packaging] release of subpackage with version different from main rpm

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Jan 5 16:56:53 UTC 2008

TC> Perl does this too. :/

And it causes pain, as we all know.

The problem is that we're a distribution, packaging up another
distribution.  I guess we could bypass texlive altogether and just
pull in all of the various upstreams ourselves, but of course that
would require a hideous amount of maintainer time.

If there's a component (of texlive, Perl, or whatever distro we're
repackaging) which we frequently feel like we need to update out of
sync with the distro that packages it, we shouldn't hesitate to
package it separately.

 - J<