[Fedora-packaging] Contributor License Agreement (CLA)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 02:00:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:11:31 +0100
Marek Mahut <mmahut at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> What about patches? Is it under CLA or/and under package license?

Depends on where the patch comes from.  You could snake a patch that is
a diff from upstream and then it would fall under the upstream
license.  You could create it from scratch and unless you apply a
license to it (which would have to be compatible with the software
you're patching's license) I do believe it would fall under the
software's license itself.

--
Jesse Keating