[Fedora-packaging] Re: Package for pysvn

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Tue Jan 8 00:16:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 13:09 +0100, Terje Rosten wrote:
> * Timothy Selivanow
> |
> | I'm trying to make a package for pysvn [http://pysvn.tigris.org] and I
> | have a few questions.  Right now it's not compiling, rpmbuild is
> | complaining about "error: line 27: Package does not exist: %description
> | debuginfo", this must have changed either in F7 or F8 because this spec
> | worked a long time ago (F6/F7, not sure which).
> |
> | Also, I discovered that the installer makes a differently named .so
> | depending on the version of python that it is compiling against, and I'd
> | like to know the best way to do an if style statement that will solve
> | that (I'd like to be able to use the same spec on CentOS too).
> |
> | So, any help and comments would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
> |
> | Below is the spec file.
> |
> | ---BEGIN SPEC---
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I took your spec and improved it a bit, spec, patches, srpm and rpm are
> available here:
>
>   http://terjeros.fedorapeople.org/python-svn/
>
> Some notes:
>  o renamed to python-svn (that's the proper way)
>  o fixed license tag
>  o add patch to remove rpath issue
>  o add patch to remove the python version stuff
>  o move tests to %%check (however they are failing...)
>  o fixed src url
>  o compile with fedora compile flags
>  o use macros etc random clean up
>
> Feel free to improve further and submit for inclusion.
>

>  - Terje

Thanks for all of that.  I'm still getting the "Package does not exist"
error (full error below).  Even after removing rpm-build, `yum clean
all`, and reinstalling rpm-build I still get that error.  I tried it on
my home computer just now and it worked (both x86_64, but one intel and
the other amd).  What do I need to look at to fix this?

Error:
"error: line 38: Package does not exist: %description debuginfo"

--Tim
< Be careful when a loop exits to the same place from side and bottom. >
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )