[Fedora-packaging] Re: Package for pysvn

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Wed Jan 9 16:24:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 11:09 +0100, Terje Røsten wrote:
> > Thanks for all of that.  I'm still getting the "Package does not exist"
> > error (full error below).  Even after removing rpm-build, `yum clean
> > all`, and reinstalling rpm-build I still get that error.  I tried it on
> > my home computer just now and it worked (both x86_64, but one intel and
> > the other amd).  What do I need to look at to fix this?
> >
> > Error:
> > "error: line 38: Package does not exist: %description debuginfo"
>
> OK, I need some more info. Can you try the following:
>
> Download the srpm:
>
>  http://terjeros.fedorapeople.org/python-svn/python-svn-1.5.2-2.fc8.src.rpm
>
> Install by
>
> $ rpm -Uvh python-svn-1.5.2-2.fc8.src.rpm
>
> Now build by
>
> $ rpmbuild -ba /path/to/python-svn.spec
>

> Post any error output.
>
> Note: these lines
>
> %description debuginfo
> debug info
>
> in your original spec file should not be there, debuginfo packages is
> generated
> automagically by rpmbuild itself. Just remove those lines.
>

>  - Terje

Same thing.  I even did a rpmdev-wipetree to make sure I was using the
spec from the srpm.  I think something is stuck in my environment, and I
don't know what it would be...

$ rpmdev-wipetree
Removing all build files...

$ ls -Al ./rpmbuild/SPECS/
total 0

$ rpm -Uvh ./python-svn-1.5.2-2.fc8.src.rpm
   1:python-svn             warning: user terjeros does not exist -
using root
warning: group fysikk does not exist - using root
########################################### [100%]
warning: user terjeros does not exist - using root
warning: group fysikk does not exist - using root

$ rpmbuild -ba ./rpmbuild/SPECS/python-svn.spec
error: line 38: Package does not exist: %description debuginfo

--Tim
/ "Oh dear, I think you'll find reality's on the blink again." \
\ -- Marvin The Paranoid Android                               /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )