[Fedora-packaging] help on PreReq and trigges for texinfo

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jan 22 17:22:59 UTC 2008

PD> But it also seems that rpm adds automatically a Requires(post):
PD> /bin/sh for packages that have a %post.

Unless you do %post -p to set the interpreter.

Honestly I have never been too clear on what the semantics of PreReq:
were supposed to have been.  My understanding is that in this case it
ensures that bash is installed at all times that the info package is
installed, which I guess would be emulated by
  Requires(pre):  bash
  Requires:       bash
  Requires(post): bash
and if you have scriptlets without -p then some of these are done
automatically.

 - J<