[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting (Tuesday July 22)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 16:54:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:58:39PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 17:45 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:01:36PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > > The Fedora Board was asked to determine whether including MinGW bits was
> > > a good idea. They said that it was, but that it should be separated from
> > > the main Fedora repository, and that FESCo should determine the
> > > specifics. (see:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-07-15)
> >
> > This meeting wasn't announced in the normal way (by a posting "Plan
> > for tomorrows (DATE) ..." on fedora-devel-list), there are no IRC logs
> > anywhere, no one asked anyone in the MinGW SIG to attend (and so they
> > weren't there) and all we have is this fait-accompli message after the
> > fact ...
>
> The Board meets (usually) every week on Tuesday. One meeting a month,
> that meeting is public (IRC):
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/
>
> This particular meeting was not public, thus, no one other than Board
> members were invited.

And IRC logs of this meeting ...?

I notice people were at the meeting who aren't in FESCo.  OK, maybe
technically they just happened to be there and weren't "invited", but
I think it's in the interests of everyone to find out who said what,
in the open.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 59 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)