[Fedora-packaging] desktop file icon/pixmap locations

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 02:57:52 UTC 2008

Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> writes:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:06:28PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Red Hat's rpmdiff tool has recently started to complain if desktop
>> icon files are not underneath /usr/share/pixmaps/, so apparently there
>> is policy to that effect somewhere.

> Do you mean rpmlint?

No, I meant rpmdiff, which is an internal tool that vets RPMs in various
ways (principally, but not solely, by comparison to the previous release
of the package --- hence the name).  I got blindsided by the /pixmaps
check recently while rebuilding unixODBC for RHEL-5, so I'm quite sure
this is a new policy ...

			regards, tom lane