[Fedora-packaging] Re: supporting closed source operating systems?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 17:55:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 09:54:06AM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> All the more reason to move ALL mingw compiled dlls into a separate
> repo tree. If its got libraries and applications.. its almost a
> completely separate distribution in and of itself.

I think I don't understand what you mean by a separate Fedora
repository.  Do you mean as in the way that 'sources', 'debuginfo' and
'updates' are separate?  How would I go about requesting such a repo?

 - -

You mentioned the similarity to secondary archs in your other email.
Obviously this does sort of look like a secondary arch, but I think
there are significant differences -- eg. this work isn't self-hosting,
unless you involve an actual Windows host (or perhaps some really
complicated Wine configuration??)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/