[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting (Tuesday July 22)

Jason Tibbitts tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Jul 21 22:54:39 UTC 2008

Anthony Green wrote:
> If anybody has questions or comments about  the Lisp packaging
 > draft, today would be a really great day to send them
> to me, so I can respond tonight before the meeting.

I am on vacation so I haven't had all that much time to review things
properly, but one thing I noticed is that, as someone not familiar with
Lisp who might be reviewing packages, some of the guidelines don't
really enlighten me as to how I might actually tell if a particular
package meets them.  For example, I see that libraries should be managed
by "asdf" and that they should be able to load asdf with some specific
lisp code.  The guidelines, however, don't inform me as to how I might
tell if the package does those things.

Also, a specfile template would really be appreciated.  As it is, if
these guidelines were passed, I'd have no idea how to actually review
lisp packages.

  - J<